By using the Services, you consent to the terms of this Statement. If you do not agree to this Statement, please do not access or otherwise use the Services. We reserve the right to modify, amend, terminate, or revoke, this Statement, in whole or in part and at any time, as set forth below. Your continued use of the Services after any modification shall be deemed an acceptance.
If you have any questions concerning this Statement or the collection and use of your personally identifiable information, please contact us at email@example.com .
I.Collection of Personally Identifiable Information.
a. Information You Provide to Us.
We collect information you provide directly to us, for instance when you download our application, create an account, and upload content. Below are the types of information you may provide to us:
· Account Information. When you use our mobile application, you will be asked to provide certain biographical information including your zip code. In the future, we may develop new functions for our mobile application and other Services, at which point we may ask for your name, email, address, phone number, payment methods, and other information you choose to provide. To protect your personal information, users registering with the mobile application must also enter a username/email address and password. If you would prefer that we not collect any personally identifiable information from you, please do not provide us with any such information. When you submit your personally identifiable information through the mobile application, you are giving your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as set forth in this Statement.
· User Content. When you interact with the Services, we collect the information and content you create and upload. For example, we collect images of your professional certifications, information concerning the renewal deadlines for your professional certifications and credentials, and other information concerning your particular licenses (e.g., license number(s), issuing state or organization, etc).
· Other Information. You may provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, update your account, interact with the Services, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
b. Other Information You Provide to Us.
When you use the Services, you provide other information to us. Below are the types of information you may provide to us while using the Services. Please keep in mind that many features of the Services will not work unless you provide us with some information.
· Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device, including but not limited to the hardware model, operating system, software and file names, version, browser type and language, IP address, access times, pages viewed, the URL visited before navigating to our Services, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information. Among other things, we use this information to customize the Services for your device, to provide customer service and support, to deliver the products and services you request, to deliver notifications, for user safety, for analytics authentication, and to improve our Services.
· Calendar. The application allows you to track and organize the renewal deadlines for your professional certifications and credentials and related events and services. If you choose to permit the application to access the calendar on your device, we may access and store information from your calendar to facilitate the Services, track and organize the renewal deadline and alert notification features of the application, and for other purposes described in this Statement.
· Camera/Gallery. The application allows you to upload photographs of your professional certifications and credentials. If you choose to permit the application to access the camera on your device, we may access and store image files from your camera to facilitate the Services and for other purposes described in this Statement.
· Contacts. If you choose to permit the application to access the address book on your device, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate the Services and for other purposes described in this Statement.
· Email. The application allows you to upload email communications related to your professional licensure. If you choose to permit the application to access the email on your device, we may access and store email files to facilitate the Services and for other purposes described in this Statement.
· Location Information. If you consent to the collection of location information, we will collect and use this information both while you are directly using the Services and in the “background” when not using the Services so that we can tailor your interactions and experiences with the Services and to provide more relevant advertising to you on our Services, websites, and mobile applications. For example, we or our advertising partners may show you notifications of educational and other events relevant to the licensing in your professional industry or advertisements from business in your area. If you do not permit your mobile device to provide us with location information, or location information is not available from your device for technical reasons, we may use your IP address or information about the WiFi SSID from which you access the Services to determine an approximate geographic location for your device.
· Application Downloads. We may offer you the opportunity to download, access, and use certain third party mobile software applications through the Services. You acknowledge and agree that your use of third party applications that you download via the Services is subject to the terms of the developer/provider of that third party application.
· Subscriptions, purchases, or other transactions. When you use the Services to make a purchase or complete a transaction, you may be asked to share certain personal information in addition to what you have provided upon opening your account. Additionally, other information may be required to complete the transaction. This information will be requested on a case-by-case basis and will be saved only upon your express confirmation in order to enhance your experience using our Services.
c. Platform Permissions.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. These platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. Please review the conditions for obtaining consent for your particular mobile platform. The iOS platform will alert you the first time our application wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the application seeks before you first use the application, and your use of the application constitutes your consent. Please review the terms of your platform for further information. Permissions will change over time so please review this Statement and the terms of your platform on a periodic basis.
II.Use of Personally Identifiable Information.
Some information will be stored locally on your mobile device itself, while other information will be stored in the cloud or on our servers. If you submit or we collect personally identifiable information through the Services, then such information may be used in the following ways:
· Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including for example, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
· Perform internal operations, including for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services, to troubleshoot software bus and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
· Send or facilitate licensing renewal deadlines and associated notifications;
· Send communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of JobDocs and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and
· Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
We may transfer your information to our subsidiaries or affiliated companies for the purpose of processing such information on our behalf. Such information may be transferred to other countries around the world. We may share your personal information to third parties (with or without compensation) including potential and actual advertisers, sponsors, third party service provider, and partners.
We may disclose your personally identifiable information, or any other information you submitted via the Services, if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (ii) enforce any third party licensing agreements to which JobDocs is a party; or (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues.
b. Opt-In Communications.
If you opt-in during the registration process or at other times when you submit personally identifiable information, the information you provide may be used by JobDocs to create and deliver to you reminders, alerts, notifications, marketing materials, newsletters, surveys, or other communications (“Op-In Communications”). If you prefer not to receive such Op-In Communications, please do not opt-in to receive these communications. If you do opt-in and later decide that you would no longer like to receive these communications, see the Section entitled “Choice/Opt-Out” below.
b. Communication to Serve You.
If you have elected to provide us with your contact or other personally identifiable information, e.g., by registering with JobDocs, emailing, placing orders, or otherwise using the Services, we may provide you with service-related announcements concerning the application or contact you. For example, all registered users will receive a welcoming email to confirm their registration. These types of communications are necessary to serve you, respond to your concerns, and to provide a high level of service.
c. Social Sharing Features.
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools that let you share actions you take on our Services and other information provided through the application with other applications, sites, or media (such as Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn), and vice versa. Your use of such sharing features enables the sharing of information with your friends, contacts, or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
III.Sharing Personally Identifiable Information.
We may share the information we collect as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing.
a.Through Our Services.
We may share your information:
· With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
· With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example your employer, licensing regulatory bodies, accrediting agencies, governmental agencies, other applications or websites that integrate with our Services, or those with a similar service with which our application integrates;
· With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
· With law enforcement officials, governmental authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with this Statement, our Terms of Service, or any other JobDocs’ policy;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
· If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
· In an aggregated form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
b.Fraud Protection and Compliance with Law.
We may disclose any information, including personally identifiable information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request. We may also exchange information, including personally identifiable information, with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
d. Special Events.
If you elect to participate in any promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, questionnaires, or other events during your visit to our application, the rules or terms and conditions for those events may indicate that your personally identifiable information will be shared with third parties. By choosing to participate and submitting your personally identifiable information with respect to such events, you consent to disclosure of your personally identifiable information to such third parties.
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell certain assets. In such transactions, user information, including personally identifiable information, generally is among the transferred business assets, and by submitting your personally identifiable information to the application, you agree that your data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances.
IV.Cookies and IP Address.
A “cookie” is a piece of data that enable us to track and target your preferences when using our websites, mobile applications, electronic communications, advertisements, and other online services. We may place a cookie on your device’s hard drive so we can recognize you as a return user and personalize your experience and your use of our application. The cookie will be stored on your device’s hard drive until you remove it. We may also use temporary or “session” cookies to help you. These cookies will expire when you place an order. You can have your browser notify you of, or automatically reject, cookies. If you reject our cookies, you may still use the Services, but you may be limited in the use of some of the features. We may also use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Services, track traffic patterns, and gather demographic information for aggregate use, as well as in combination with your personally identifiable information for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how the Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
V.Pixel Tags and Tracking Technology.
When you visit the application or otherwise utilize the Services, we may use pixel tags (also called “clear” gifs), tracking links, and/or similar technology to note some of the pages you visit and personalize your experience. We may also use pixel tags to determine what types of email your browser supports.We may use the information collected through pixel tags, tracking links, and similar technology in combination with your personally identifiable information.
VI.Use of Aggregate Information.
We may use the information you provide in aggregate (non-personally identifiable) form for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans, and to improve the Services. We may collect, store, or accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of the Services, such as information regarding which of our pages are most popular. We may share or transfer non-personally identifiable information with or to our affiliates, licensees, and partners.
VII.Children Under 13.
The Services are not designed for children and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any children under the age of 13.
We implement various security measures in accordance with industry standards to protect the security of your personal information both online and offline. If you have any questions about security of the application, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
X.Notification of Changes.
XI.Updating Your Information.
You have the ability to review, change, and/or correct the personally identifiable information you provide us by contacting us at email@example.com . If you are a registered user, you can also review, change, or correct your personal information at any time through the application. You may request that we deactivate your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
All personally identifiable information you provide is stored on your mobile device, the cloud, and on our electronic servers. We do not have any policy governing the length of time we retain your information.
You may opt-out of receiving future opt-in communications from us when you register with the application or otherwise provide your contact information. You may change your preferences at any time by revising your profile by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email opt-in communication you receive from us and following the instructions provided therein, or by contacting us at email@example.com . At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose your personally identifiable information. If you choose not to provide mandatory information, you may still visit parts of the Services, but you may be unable to access certain options.
We have taken great measures to ensure that your use of the Services is excellent and that your privacy is respected. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any concerns regarding our use of your information, you may also contact the Federal Trade Commission’s Consumer Response Center at 1-877-382-4357.